WEEK OF December 9-December 13
STUFF THE BUS-December 10th
Stuff the Bus at BMS will be on December 10th. This year we are partnering with the North Gwinnett Cooperative for Holiday Assistance. All Stuff the Bus donations are being given to them, and they have agreed to sponsor approximately 200 families from BCSS. Please direct any family in need to them. Their hours of operation are Monday 6p-8p and Wed-Fri 10a-2pm. They are located at 4395 Commerce Drive in Buford and can be reached by phone at 770-271-9793. The Christmas Meal Box deadline is 12/16/19 and gifts are on a first come first serve basis.
DRESS CODE REMINDERS
- Students are expected to write something in their agendas each day for each subject.
- Parents should check agendas at least once a week.
- Check the "Organizational Marks" chart and "Discipline Chart" to monitor your child's behavior and organization
- 6th grade homework policy can be found on page 4 of the agenda.
- Assignments may be accepted for three days with ten points off per day.
- Assignments may not be accepted on or after the fourth day.
- Late homework is NOT accepted.
- It is the student's responsibility to speak with the teacher about missing work/homework.
- Language Arts Benchmark is Thursday, December 12th.
- IXL G. 3-4 and P. 5 are due December 13.
- We have our multiplying & dividing equations quiz on Monday, December 9th.
- We have our equations test on Wednesday, December 11th.
- The math benchmark originally scheduled for Friday, December 13th has been moved to Monday, December 16th.
We will have our unit test over Meteorology on Tuesday, December 10th. Our Science Benchmark 2 will be on Tuesday, December 17th.
The Social Studies Benchmark 2 will be on Wednesday, December 18th. Our Letters From Rifka will be on Thursday, December 19th.
- Dec 2-13 – Wolf Wars (click here for more information)
- Dec 6 - FBLA, FCCLA, & TSA Holiday Party @ BMS (2:45-4:00 p.m.)
- Dec 8 – Jr. Thespians Holiday Performance @ BCSS FAC (2:00 p.m.)
- Dec 7 - District Band Auditions @ Creekland Middle (times vary)
- Dec 10 – Stuff the Bus @ BMS (all day)
- Dec 12 - Holiday Performances @ BCSS Arena (7:00 p.m.) (featuring the BMS band and choral students)
- Dec 17 - Craft Club Meeting (2:45-3:45 p.m.)
- Dec 20 – 6th Grade Winter Celebration/Early Release @ 11:00 a.m.
- Dec 23 - Jan 3 - Winter Holiday - No School